Background

Sunday, December 30, 2012

39 Weeks

 
How Far Along: 39 weeks.
Size of the Baby: 7 pounds
Weight gain/loss: I think about 25-30 lbs.
Sleep: Not good still, but that's normal. I regularly wake up and whatever side I've been sleeping on is numb, so I switch sides. And switching sides has become a challenge too. For some reason I don't get numb as often when I sleep on the couch. Which is pretty much every night.
Best Moment of the Week: Well, this made me laugh a couple weeks ago (since I don't update every week). I went in to the doctor and he checked and said I am 4cm dilated and 80% effaced, but that there was a lot of water and wasn't sure if he was feeling the baby's head or just the bag of water. He wanted to make sure the baby was head down, so he did an ultrasound. In the ultrasound he said, "you have a lot of water. If it breaks before you go to the hospital, it's going to be really embarrassing!"
It was also cool to see the baby in the ultrasound. He is so much bigger and he was making sucking motions with his mouth. So cute.
Movement: Still moving like crazy. Now it just hurts. I had some spicy food and that REALLY got him going.
Symptoms: Really uncomfortable. I can feel my lower abdomen and such stretching and that can be pretty painful. I got my first varicose veins too. One on the top of my stomach and one on the side. They're not terrible but I thought I'd make it through without them. The acid has gotten a little better since he dropped, but it's still pretty bad. My ribs hurt BAD. I thought it was my back, but Tom said it is right where my ribs connect to my spine and my ligaments have loosened, meaning they don't have much support. No matter what I do, I can't relieve it.
Food Cravings: I had a weird craving for cough syrup last night. Don't worry, I didn't drink any.
Gender: Boy
Belly Button - In or Out?: Kinda both. When I have a contraction, it's really outtie though.
Anything making you queasy or sick?: Just anything that brings on acid reflux. I haven't been super nauseous, I just don't like food.
Labor Signs: I have been having some contractions. The doctor showed me I was having one at my appointment and just didn't realize it. But now they have been getting painful at times. Just not regular.
Wedding ring on or off: On
What I Miss: Being comfortable and sleeping in my bed.
What I am looking forward to: Not being so uncomfortable and holding/meeting my baby!
Nursery: I made a mobile :) Turns out the crib we got has some holes filled with glue and stuff, so it's not going to work. Bum deal. So we need a crib, but we have a glider (courtesy of Grandpa Edwards/Mom), a changing table (which needs some fixing up), and my mom will bring a dresser when she comes to help with the babe.
Emotions: Pretty normal, though I have my moments of rage.
Stupid things I have done: I ate some rattlesnake bites (fried balls of jalapeno and cheese) at Texas Roadhouse and that was a BAD idea. I knew it was, but I did it anyway and really regretted it about an hour later. The acid KILLED me.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you at least enjoyed the rattle snake bites since they caused you pain. It was fun to hang out though, hopefully next time I see you, you'll have a babe in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of these are so hilarious! Thanks for posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are so close!!!! Can't wait to see the little guy! And I am sure you can't hardly wait either! you look great, and it's a better thing to have lots of fluid lol- I had too little with Ethan, which made for a slightly more complicated delivery...and anything to do with labor is embarassing anyway, but it's also incredible, so no worries whatever happens just hope all goes smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete